So you have a scooter and you like scooter tricks. And why you should not? The tricks are cool, interesting, and fun to watch as well. Let us guess, you have been thinking this all the time back in your head, when will I be able to do such tricks! Well, the time has come to put aside all those thoughts and start working on something really amazing and fascinating.
Today we will be talking about a very simple and exciting trick for scooters, which is known as the “180”. It is a very basic trick, if it seems difficult for you, you’re in the right place. Our discussion topic here is how to do a 180 on a scooter. And if you follow this step by step instructions accordingly, doing 180 would be like a piece of cake to you.
So, without wasting any time, grab your scooter, buckle up, and let’s jump right in.
What Is A 180 On A Scooter?
The 180 is one of the very classic and popular Tricks on a scooter. There is no requirement of special skills and experience to do this. If you know how to do a bunny hop with the scooter, your journey towards a 180 is halfway done.
Because, in this trick what you do is, while on movement, you jump with your scooter and immediately switch your direction to your opposite side. That means you take a quick 180-degree turn while on elevation.
Sounds horrific? Don’t worry, we are here to minimize all your tensions regarding the 180 trick. Follow the mentioned steps to do a 180 on a scooter!
How To Do A 180 On A Scooter?
- First, you need to find a perfect place to do this trick. It must be done on a crowd-free place and also on a flat surface, these are to minimize the risk of unwanted accidents. Skating parks are very much appreciable in this case. So firstly, you have to ensure these two things.
- Then, you have to practice some backward movements with the scooter. To do that, stand on your scooter with one leg. Push backward with your other leg, and then put back both your feet on the scooter deck and follow up the backward movement.
- This practice will eventually help you to maintain your balance while doing the trick, as, after the jump & switch of this trick, you got to move to your backward. So, without the practice, this might seem uncomfortable for you in the beginning.
- So when you are ready, gain some momentum with your scooter, but don’t get too much speed, too much speed will be very tough to control.
- Make sure you have a strong grip on the handlebars. Your body should not be stiff, rather it should be relaxed and flexible.
- Then, while moving, bend your knees a bit, like going in a crouch position and do a hop. While in air, turn your neck just to the opposite side of your initial direction. While turning the neck, make sure that your whole body along with the scooter is turning towards that direction.
- To clarify, suppose you are going to the direction of the North. So when you jump, you move in a circular motion and end up facing the south. The turn might be rightwards or leftwards, whichever comforts you.
- After the jump and turn, do a safe landing with both wheels of the scooter hitting the ground. Remember, the scooter won’t stop after the jump and turn. So, rather than force stopping, go along the regular movement and slow down gradually.
With that, you just did an excellent 180 trick!
More questions? You can go here or let’s watch a video.
While using the Kick scooter for tricks especially the 180, you must take some safety measures, like:
- Put on safety gears (helmet, knee, and elbow pads).
- You must practice on a plain surface.
- Practice in very limited speed.
- It will take several attempts to make a perfect 180, so be patient.
The Bottom Line…
We can see that the 180 is not much a tough trick to perform on a scooter after following the mentioned steps. Especially, as we have broken down the instructions to the simplest language. All you need to do is grab your scooter, find a good and plain place, and start practicing.
And if you don’t have a scooter. Do a bit of research before buying, as there will be many options available in the stores. Prioritize your needs and desires for the scooter and through that, you will find the perfect trick scooters to buy.
We hope that this discussion will help to clarify all your questions regarding how to do a 180 on a scooter and help you to start your dream journey of doing trickeries with your scooter.