A few years ago, when I was 17 years younger, every day I used to go for riding the scooter in the skating park around Manchester.
At that time, I used to watch every day a 12 years old boy (named John) was riding on his scooter effortless way. He never did any stunts, any bouncing or no pouncing with his scooter.
After watching the boy a few days, I called the boy near me. Very politely, he came to me. Then I asked him, why don’t you show some impressive tricks with your scooter?
He replied to me If I could do it! I’m always in fear of dropping from the scooter.
Poor boy! I was feeling sorry for this poor boy. From the next day, I decided to take appropriate measures so that this boy can win his fear and can enjoy the scooter stunting!
Dear parents, if your child also facing the same problem, lets read the article. In this article, I will deeply explain how to get over the fear of dropping in on a scooter.
So, without further ado, let’s dive for the explanation-
How to get over the fear of dropping in on a scooter?
Follow the below-listed steps. These 15 steps will help you to resolve your child’s fears.
- The precondition to remove your child’s fears is to build enough confidence in his/her mind. Counsel your baby, “Scooter riding is not a big deal, you can do rule the scooter at your own wish. So, cheer up!”
- Tell your baby to practice hard. The more he will practice, the more it will help to eradicate his/her fear dropping from the scooter.
- Force your baby to wear all safety gears to ensure his/her safety. Safety gear like Helmet, Knee, Elbow, Jacket, Boots will ensure your baby is safe if suddenly he or she fall down from your scooter.
- Suggest your baby to Start riding on the scooter in a less traffic road. A side road or a less crowded scatting park will work for this. Your baby can gradually go for a more crowdy or a more traffic road.
- Take the assistance of an experienced person. You can seek help from a renowned training center. You can also try to recruit a professional scooter as a mentor of your child (if you do not have any money issues).
- Select the scooter with a perfect height for your baby. If you want to make standard the existing scooter as your baby height, cut the scooter bar to shorten it. In contrast to this, you can buy a taller bar if your baby has a taller height. Proper height of the scooter bar, will minimize the dropping out from the device.
- A lighter scooter is easy to handle for the younger baby. So, purchase a little weighing scooter for your baby.
- You can also buy a self-balancing scooter for your baby. There are several self-balancing scooters available in the market; some of them are-Swagtron, Tomoloo, Segway etc.
- Never let your child ride on a kick scooter without proper safety precautions. You may already know the fact that few of authority in many states already has banned driving the kick scooters on many crowdy parks (where mainly elders go for a walk).
- Teach your child properly how to start riding and how to rule over the braking of the scooter.
- Tell your baby to increase the accelerator and increase the scooter speed progressively gradually.
- Do not let your baby ride on the scooter before he/she has completed one- or two-months practicing period successfully.
- Wash your child’s brain in such a way- “if you fall from the scooter, it will not be going to hurts you severely. As you already wear safety gear, so there is a little chance to gets hurts. However, a little bit hurts will successfully help you to rule the scooter on a demon street. So, challenge the fear and win it.”
- Tell your baby to do some exercise, meditation or yoga on a regular basis. Also, make your baby habituated to eat a proper meal and to drink plenty of water. All these are linked to eradicating the fear of your child’s mind very efficiently.
- Finally, inspire your child to enjoy the scooter riding. Make him curious to drive the scooter applying some fabulous tricks. Help your child to make his scooter one of his/her favorites stunt scooters!
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. What is the age limit to wear a helmet while riding a scooter?
Actually, we suggest to wear a helmet for all the riders every time before they are going to start their riding.
However, according to the new state law, every rider under the age of 18 must have to wear the helmet before riding a scooter.
2. What is the average time required to teach scooter riding to my child?
Actually, it depends. Generally, it took thirty minutes to forty-five minutes to teach a baby to learn the riding. You can start teaching your 4 to 5 years ageing baby to know scooter riding.
3. Can you explain what is the meaning of Vehophobia?
If we fluctuate the word Vehophobia, it split into-veho+ phóbos. Veho is a Latin word meaning drive. And phóbos is a Greek word meaning fear.
So, therefore, the meaning of Vehophobia is fear of driving (riding as well).
I am glad that I was able to take away all fears of John to make a variety of stunt without drooping from the scooter. John now is an experienced and renowned stunt maker with his scooter!
However, you also can help your child to stay away from all his/her scared to ride a scooter in public, to do some fabulous stunt and to enjoy the awesome tricks of the scooter.
Your child supposed to enjoy the scooter riding; he/she supposed not to fear unnecessarily with this pretty gaming device.
So that is all about on -How to get over the fear of dropping in on a scooter. If you liked my article, please share it on your timeline.