Barspin, undoubtedly one of the coolest and most popular tricks among the scooter riders. The trick mainly gained its popularity because of the easier functioning technique and appealing appearance. The trick is just a bit complicated than the regular bunny hop. But it will add more style to your ordinary tricks or regular riding.
So this is one of the very basic tricks you should learn in the first place on the journey of scooter tricks. But where to start and how to start?
Well, nothing to worry about. Because here you will get the step by step instructions regarding how to barspin on a scooter.
Following these steps will make your learning of this trick very easy. Also, you will get some new ideas about how to upgrade this trick in some other outstanding fashions.
So, stay with us, and let’s dive in.
What Is A Barspin?
Well, the name itself depicts this trick. Because the trick is done with the handlebar by spinning it. Now the question remains, how to do a barspin on a scooter.
Well, what you need to do is do a jump or bunny hop with your scooter and while on elevation, you throw your handlebar to complete a 360 spin, catch it back again and land accordingly.
As simple as that!
However… still confused about the trick?
Okay, let’s clear it out more elaborately with the following instructions.
Preparatory Exercises Before doing Barspin On A Scooter
Before jumping right into the trick, it is suggested that you go through some basic preparatory exercises. It will make your ways of learning barspin on a scooter easier and more efficient.
These exercises can be oriented in several segments:
- Master the bunny hop. To do a bar spin, you will be needing a perfect bunny hop. So you must practice bunny hops precisely and accurately first.
- Practice the arm motion. In this trick, the arm motion is really important. So, to master that, first, put your one foot on the scooter brake, or tuck then put the back wheel between your both feet. Now, if you want a rightward spin, lift off your left hand from the handle, swing the handle in the direction of right with the right hand as much as you can. Then take your left hand under your right hand and grab the other end of the handle. After grabbing, pull the handle inwards with the left hand, take off the right hand and catch the handle back again very quickly when it returns to the straight direction. Practice this motion several times onwards. It will ease up your hands and arms to get adjusted with the trick. Now, if you want to spin leftwards, then just start with your left hand, swing it leftwards, and do the same thing mentioned.
- Practice the swinging motion regularly. Spread out your legs a bit while standing. Now lift your scooter and swing it through your legs. Make sure you don’t hurt yourself while swinging. Now when the scooter reaches the highest point, do a barspin/the arm motion exercise mentioned above. This exercise will help you to adjust with the catching of the scooter handle, while the scooter is in the air.
- Practice some foot plant bar spin. Place one foot on the deck and do some foot plants. While stepping with that leg, lift your leg along with the scooter a bit higher, do a bar spin with your hands and step on the ground again. Doing this several times will ease up your learning and will help you to get more accustomed to doing the trick.
How To Barspin On A Scooter Flat for Beginners?
Let’s assume that you just got your first scooter and started riding it. Now you have decided to give some shots at barspin. You practiced the preparatory exercises accordingly and you are good to go.
But as you have just started exploring scooter tricks, you must have a question in your mind. how to barspin on a scooter for beginners? Or, how to do a barspin on a scooter flat?
Don’t panic my friend. Because, right now we will declare some exclusive insights of this trick. With the help of those insights, you will be able to land a perfect barspin right away.
All you need to do is:
- Find a suitable place for practicing with a flat surface and a crowd-free environment.
- Get on your scooter and gain some momentum. Place your both foot on the deck and do a bunny hop.
- While in air, give your handlebar a barspin/ a decent swing, according to the arm motion exercise mentioned before.
- When the handle completes the full swing, catch it back again and do a safe landing. Simple as that.
And guess what? You just planted a perfect barspin with your scooter.
Now let’s watch a video!
Modified/Hybrid Barspin Tricks
Barspin itself is a very fashionable trick. But how about spicing up this trick by merging some other tricks with the barspin? Sounds fascinating right? Let’s start the adventure of modifying this trick.
1. How To 180 Barspin On A Scooter?
The 180 flip and the barspin are two different tricks. So, how to 180 barspin on a scooter? Well, it is quite simple. You have to jump with your scooter and do a 180 flip right away. While rotating in mid-air, you need to give your handlebar a barspin, catch the handle back again and complete the 180 flips before landing.
2. How To Do A 360 Barspin On A Scooter?
In this trick, you just have to push your 180 flip a bit more and complete a 360 flip. But, how to do a 360 barspin on a scooter? Well, It’s also very simple. Jump a bit higher to complete a full 360 rotation with your scooter. While in mid-air, give your handlebar a barspin before completing the rotation and landing.
You should keep in mind that these tricks are of a bit advanced level. Before starting these tricks, first, you have to choose the most suitable stunt scooter for you. Then, you have to master the classic barspin techniques. After fulfilling these requirements and gaining experience through a lot of practice, you will able to attain these advanced versions of barspin.
While doing or practicing barspin, you must follow some basic safety measures to minimize the risk of any casualties :
- Always put on safety gears like helmet, knee and elbow pads .
- Must practice on a flat and crowd-free place.
- Check the scooter handle movement flexibility before starting. If any issues are found then fix them immediately.
- Maintain the routine of preparatory exercises regularly and accordingly.
- While swinging the handle, your weaker hand must go under the stronger hand, not over the hand.
- Make sure, you don’t cross between your hands while switching the handlebars.
The Bottom Line…
Kick scooters are for all as it’s an easy functioning vehicle. Besides this, scooter tricks are always interesting and fun to do. That is why scooter tricks are getting more and more popular day by day. The barspin is one of those tricks which you should learn at the very initial stage. Low-risk possibility and appealing appearance make this trick one of the easiest and coolest scooter tricks.
Also, you can modify this trick to make it more interesting. Here we’ve talked about how to barspin on a scooter. We’ve broken down the whole process in several segments along with step by step instructions.
If you follow the steps cordially and accordingly, especially the preparatory exercises, then doing a barspin will be a very easy task for you. But you have to keep in mind that nothing comes without practice and patience. So you have to be regular and very much patient while practicing.
So, putting your all frustration and confusion aside, just grab your scooter, get on the ground and start your amazing journey of scooter tricks, starting with the barspin.
Leave a Reply