How much do you know about slowing down? As a beginner, it is important to know the slowing down process. However, a perfect guideline is essential to know anything perfectly.
Here, we have written a complete guideline that will help you to know how do you slow down on a longboard? Learning slow down is an important thing because it is compulsory in many cases. So, proper steps are described elaborately with the right piece of information.
You can play many tricks with longboards, including sliding, racing, and dancing. If you want to be an expert in playing tricks, first you have to know how to slow down on a longboard downhill.
For your benefit, key steps are listed that will help you a lot to know the slowing down process appropriately. This will also help you to know how much you know about the process correctly. Let’s get started.
How To Slow Down On A Longboard downhill?
A longboard is a wonderful sports tool resembles a skateboard. It is larger than a skateboard. A longboard is a great tool for fun and experience because it can use for cruising, downhill racing, travelling, and sliding.
Longboard’s freestyle and dancing are becoming popular day by day. The riders ride the skate-like wave motions. They steps up and down the board, similarly in a fluid manner.
However, the longboard contains relatively strong wheels.
The deck is made from plywood. It is commercially obtainable in different sizes and shapes.
The Longboard is better for beginners because they feature large wheels and drop-through trucks. They provide more stability even in a high speed.
As the longboard is lightweight, you could be done many tricks. By using some techniques, you can reduce the speed of a longboard. Let’s know the key steps of the slowing down.
Principles of slowing down on a Longboard
- To learn something new, everyone should know the basic rules first. This helps to learn something quickly. Also, it supports to avoid many obstacles and dangers.
- A beginner should exercise riding on a longboard. First, know the slow down steps. It will support you to manage the longboard while riding on the road.
- Practice makes a man perfect. The more you do practice, the greater you will be skilled. So, if you want to expert on slowing down on longboard, there is no alternative to practice.
- Learn the way of forward-moving. This will help you to learn how to slow down on a longboard. Select the best location like a safe playground and practice first here before going to the hillside or streets. During riding, learn the sliding process to slow it down.
- To reduce the speed of a longboard, ride in a serpentine way or make your body balance to obstruct the air or use foot breaking. Additionally, you can slow down your riding by placing your rear foot slightly behind the middle of the board.
- Riding a lonboard is easy than any other skate board. Those who know many techniques, slow down is very easy for them. Many features are assembled in a longboard that helps to balance the longboard rapidly in a natural way.
- The wheels are the most vital part of all other components. When you ride the longboard, you need to balance your foot. The wheels help to balance the foot.
- By balancing your feet rapidly, and with quick riding steps, you can reduce the speed of the longboard.
- The foot braking is a natural technique. You can practice this technique to slow down the speed.
- When you get accustomed to slowing down, you will learn how to keep balance more. For more skills, you can see YouTube or read material from online. This will help you a lot to learn new skills.
- Slow down on longboard is easy. However, first ensure safety measurements that need before skating. Wear helmet and shoes for avoiding injury.
Points That Have To Consider During Longboarding
To keep the body balanced on the board, practice appropriately. This will help you to minimize the speed quickly. Push your foot forward, place the heel of the foot on the ground, apply the foot pressure, or press your ankle on the board. These are all the steps of slow down of your board.
Here, step-by-step instructions is discussed.
- Beginner should start learning at a slower motion. Practice more to balance your foot. During riding, keep your foot outside of the board.
- By keeping your foot out of the board, you can prevent the acceleration while you will ride on the road. Try to keep your weight under the feet. This reduces the speed.
- Bend your front foot or move your front foot onwards, and curve your knees slightly to slow the board. By holding position, down your head and set your rear foot on the flank of the longboard slowly. Hit the rear wheel with your both feet and practice foot balancing first to maintain balance.
- A step named foot brake that helps to reduce speed. During riding a longboard, it moves faster. So you should be properly practiced foot braking. It is the most important technique and necessary step to learn slowing down on a longboard.
- Half bending is a great way of experience the joy and fun of riding. Instead of full bending, you can make the longboard slow by bending half.
- You need not slow down the board now and then. When you feel the necessity of slow down, only then slow down.
- Gain the essential skills, which will help you to perform slow-motion tricks on the hillside or street. Knowledge about street and time will help you to slow down. You can also wear footwear. Wearing footwear is another great way to reduce your speed.
- Shift your bodyweight in front of the foot. This also slows the ride. You can slow down the board, by lifting back foot or by tugging your foot on the bottom.
- Apply sufficient pressure on the bottom. However, be careful about the type of fields and playgrounds, where you will be going to ride.
- When you decide to ride in the passage or traffic area, you must take some extra caution. Bend your chest in the front of the foot to slow down the ride. In your back foot apply a little weight. Don’t try to provide more weight.
- Sliding is another way of slow down your board. Sliding requires gloves skill, and practice. By turning your buttocks and arms in the same direction of your sliding position, you can reduce your speed. Learn it in an appropriate manner. Learning the sliding process is essential because it can reduce the speed of the board smoothly.
- Fixed the velocity of the board. Kick the board with your rear foot. It helps to get control over the speed.
- Slowly run your hands on the ground, if you are unable to use your back foot to slide and reduce the speed of your longboard.
- Rotate the board continuously. It helps to reduce the speed of the board. You can minimize the speed by turning 180 degrees forward and by lean forward.
- For lowering your body and slowing your board down, you can learn the toe side method.
- Learning the speed is essential for a smooth transition and for slowing down the board.
Have you learned how to slow down on a longboard downhill? From our childhood, we know that you could learn by-cycle riding quickly if you start to practice in the field instead of learning a by-cycle riding by reading a book.
Now, I can hope that you have learned the basic principles properly. Don’t be late. Get started today and enjoy your learning.