As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More.
Dancing on a longboard is a great way to show off your moves and impress your friends. It’s a great workout, it’s super fun, and it can be done almost anywhere there is a flat surface. But before you can start dancing, you need to choose the right longboard for your needs.
With so many options available, it can be tough to know where to start.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a longboard for dancing.
- First, the size of the board is important. A longer board will be more stable and easier to control while dancing.
- Second, the shape of the board is also important. A narrower board will be easier to maneuver while a wider board will be more stable.
- Third, the flex of the deck is also something to consider. A more flexible deck will be easier to move around while dancing but may not be as durable as a less flexible deck.
- Finally, the material of the deck is also something to consider. Some materials, like bamboo, are very lightweight and easy to maneuver while other materials, like fiberglass, are very durable but may be more difficult to control while dancing.
In general, cruiser longboards, dancing longboards, and pintail longboards are all good choices for dancers because they offer a good mix of stability and maneuverability. Of course, there is no one perfect longboard for everyone so it’s important to try out different boards before settling on one that’s right for you.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about choosing the best dancing longboards for your needs. We’ll also provide some tips on how to dance on a longboard once you’ve made your selection.
So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced dancer, read on for everything you need to get started.
What is longboard dancing?
Longboard dancing is an art form that combines elements of skateboarding and dancing. It is a form of expression that uses the board as an extension of the body to create unique moves and tricks.
Longboard dancing involves doing tricks, such as slides, spins, flips, and grinds, while performing footwork and other dance moves. It can be done on any kind of longboard, but it is most commonly performed on a drop-through or top-mount longboard. Longboard dancing is an exciting way to express yourself and have fun!
Longboard dancing has many pros that make it a great activity for people of all ages and skill levels.
- For starters, longboard dancing is a great way to get exercise. It requires balance and coordination, which can help improve your overall fitness level.
- In addition, longboard dancing is a great way to relieve stress and clear your mind. It’s also a social activity that can be enjoyed with friends or family.
- Another pro of longboard dancing is that it’s relatively inexpensive. You don’t need much equipment to get started, and you can find used gear at garage sales or online.
- Additionally, there are no membership fees or expensive gear required like there are for some other activities.
- Finally, longboard dancing is a great way to see the world from a different perspective. When you’re on your board, you’re able to explore new areas and view things from a different angle. This can help you appreciate your surroundings in new ways and possibly even find hidden treasures that you would have otherwise missed.
While longboard dancing can be a fun and rewarding experience, there are a few potential downsides to consider before getting started.
- First, longboard dancing can be physically demanding, and you may need to build up your stamina and strength over time.
- Additionally, longboard dancing takes practice and dedication to master the various tricks and techniques.
- And lastly, while most longboard dancers take precautions to avoid injury, there is always the risk of falling or crashing while riding.
What is a longboard for dancing?
A longboard for dancing is a type of skateboard specifically designed for performing tricks and dance moves. It is longer than a regular skateboard and typically comes with special grip tape that increases traction and stability.
Longboards for dancing feature a variety of unique designs, including some that are made to look like traditional surfboards. With its increased length and stability, the longboard for dancing allows riders to pull off more complicated tricks and maneuvers than would be possible on a regular skateboard.
Can you dance on any longboard?
The answer to this question is both yes and no. While technically you can dance on any longboard, not all longboards are created equally and some will be better suited for dancing than others. The best longboards for dancing are typically those that are longer and have more flexible decks. Pintail longboards, cruiser longboards, and dancing longboards are all good choices for dancing.
Read: Considerations before choosing a mini longboard
The Different Types of Dancing Longboards.
The Different Styles of Dancing Longboards.
There are two main styles of dancing longboards: the drop-through and the top-mount.
The drop-through style is characterized by its low deck, which allows for stability and easy pushing. Drop-through longboards are great for beginners because they are easy to balance on and ride.
The top-mount style is characterized by its raised deck, which gives the rider more control over the board. Top-mount longboards are great for experienced riders who want to perform tricks and maneuvers.
Other types of longboards for dancing
Cruiser longboards are the most popular type of longboard for dancing. They are typically made of maple wood and have a flat deck with a slight nose and tail. Cruiser longboards are usually between 33 and 44 inches long and 9 to 10 inches wide. The length and width of the cruiser longboard make it stable and easy to maneuver, making it ideal for dancing.
Dancing longboards are specifically designed for dancing and freestyle riding. They have a shorter wheelbase than other types of longboards, which makes them more maneuverable. Dancing longboards also have a concave deck, which gives you more control over the board when you’re dancing. Most dancing longboards are between 28 and 36 inches long and 8 to 10 inches wide.
Pintail longboards are another type of board that is popular for dancing. Pintail boards have a pointed nose and tail, which helps with stability when you’re riding at high speeds or doing tricks. Pintail boards are usually between 38 and 42 inches long and 9 to 10 inches wide.
The Different Sizes of Dancing Longboards.
Dancing longboards come in a variety of sizes, from small cruiser boards to large freestyle boards.
The size of the board you choose should be based on your height and weight. If you are a beginner, it is best to start with a smaller board so that you can learn how to control it. If you are an experienced rider, you may want to choose a larger board for more stability and control.
Read: How many calories can you burn longboarding?
Why do you need a longboard that specifically designed for performing dance moves for longboard dancing?
Longboard dancing is a popular form of longboarding that involves performing dance moves on a specially designed longboard. By using a longboard specifically designed for performing dance moves, longboard dancers can take their skills to the next level.
A longboard designed for performing dance moves has wheels that are more flexible than traditional skateboard wheels. This allows dancers to turn, slide, and spin more smoothly and with greater control than with traditional skateboards. The board also has a wider deck and larger trucks to give the dancer more stability and balance while performing tricks.
Furthermore, the board’s design allows it to be lighter and easier to maneuver than traditional boards, allowing dancers to perform longer sessions with less fatigue.
A longboard specifically designed for performing dance moves also provides a smoother ride than traditional boards. The softer wheels absorb shocks from rough terrain and uneven surfaces, providing a more comfortable ride for the dancer. The wider deck also gives the dancer better control over their movements, allowing them to perform tricks with greater precision.
Overall, using a longboard specifically designed for performing dance moves can help longboard dancers to improve their dancing skills.
Dancing longboard vs standard longboard
Both have their own unique features and benefits that make them ideal for different types of riding. Here’s a closer look at the key differences between these two types of longboards:
- Designed specifically for dancing and freestyle riding
- Smaller and more maneuverable than a standard longboard
- Typically has a shorter wheelbase (the distance between the front and rear trucks)
- Softer wheels for increased grip and easier sliding
- Lower center of gravity for better balance and stability
- May have special features such as raised kicktails or concave deck designs to help with certain tricks
- Can be used for various purposes, including commuting, cruising, carving, downhill racing, or even dancing
- Longer and wider than a dancing longboard, making it less maneuverable but more stable at high speeds
- Has a longer wheelbase than a dancing longboard
- Harder wheels for greater speed and less grip (ideal for downhill racing)
- Higher center of gravity than a dancing longboard
- May have special features such as cutouts in the deck to reduce weight or flared trucks to improve turning
So, which type of longboard is right for you?
It really depends on what you’re looking to use it for.
If you’re primarily interested in dancing and freestyle riding, then a dancing longboard is the way to go. However, if you want a versatile board that can be used for various purposes, then a standard longboard may be more suitable.
Dancing vs Freestyles longboards
Both styles have their own unique benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. Here’s a look at the key differences between dancing and freestyle longboards:
- Dancing longboards are designed specifically for dancing. This means that they’re typically longer and wider than other types of longboards, providing more stability and a smoother ride.
- They also usually have kicktails, which allows you to perform tricks and maneuvers that aren’t possible on other types of boards.
- However, because they’re designed specifically for dancing, they’re not as versatile as other types of boards and may not be suitable for commuting or cruising.
- Freestyle longboards are more versatile than dancing longboards, as they can be used for both tricks and commuting.
- They’re typically shorter and narrower than dancing boards, making them easier to maneuver.
- However, because they’re not specifically designed for dancing, they may not provide the same level of stability or smoothness as a dedicated dancing board.
The Different Parts of a Dancing Longboard
The deck is the flat part of the longboard on which the rider stands. It is usually made of wood, and it has a variety of shapes and sizes. The size of the deck depends on the style of longboarding.
For dancing, a smaller deck is often preferable because it is more maneuverable. The shape of the deck also varies depending on the style of longboarding. For dancing, a symmetrical or drop-through deck is often best because it provides more stability and control when performing tricks.
The trucks are the metal parts that connect the wheels to the deck. They come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and they have different purposes depending on the style of longboarding. For dancing, trucks that are lower to the ground are often preferable because they provide more stability and control when performing tricks.
The wheels are round, cylindrical pieces that rotate to create motion. Longboard wheels come in a variety of sizes, colors, and durometers (hardness). For dancing, wheels that are smaller in diameter and softer in durometer are often preferable because they provide more grip and traction when performing tricks on slippery surfaces.
The Different Accessories for Dancing Longboards
There are several different types of accessories that you can use with your dancing longboard in order to improve your experience. These accessories can help you to customize your board, protect it from damage, and keep you safe while riding.
The bearings are one of the most important parts of your dancing longboard. They allow the wheels to rotate smoothly and without friction. Look for bearings that are made of stainless steel or titanium, and that have a high ABEC rating. The higher the ABEC rating, the smoother the ride will be.
Read: Are ABEC 11 bearings good?
The risers are used to raise the deck of your longboard off the ground. This helps to prevent the wheels from hitting objects on the ground and makes it easier to turn the board. Risers come in a variety of sizes, so you’ll want to choose risers that are the same size as your trucks, or slightly larger. You can also find risers that have shock-absorbing properties, which can help to protect you if you fall off your board.
Bushings are what allow your trucks to turn, and they come in a variety of hardness levels. The bushings are located between the trucks and the wheels of your longboard. They act as shock absorbers, and they come in a variety of hardness levels depending on how much cushioning you need.
Softer bushings will be more comfortable to ride on, but they may not last as long as harder bushings. Harder bushings will last longer but may not be as comfortable to ride on at first. You can experiment with different hardness levels to find what works best for you.
You’ll want to choose bushings that are soft enough to allow for easy turning, but hard enough to provide good support while you’re dancing.
How To Dance On A Longboard?
Here are some tips on how to dance on a longboard:
1. Find a smooth surface
When you’re dancing on a longboard, it’s important to find a smooth surface to ride on. This will help you keep your balance and avoid getting injured.
2. Place your front foot in the middle of the deck
When you’re ready to start dancing, place your front foot in the middle of the deck. This will help you keep your balance and prevent your feet from slipping off the board.
You want your foot to be about shoulder-width apart, and centered on the board. If you’re not sure where to place your feet, look for markings on the deck that indicate where your feet should go.
3. Place your back foot near the tail of the deck
Once you’ve placed your front foot in the middle of the deck, put your back foot near the tail of the board. This will help you with turning and stopping.
Again, you want your feet to be about shoulder-width apart and centered on the board. Once both feet are in place, you’re ready to start riding!
4. Push off and start gliding
When you’re ready to start moving, push off with your back foot and start gliding forward. You can use your front foot to control your speed and direction by leaning forward or backward.
As you start moving, shift your weight onto your front foot so that you’re balanced over the center of the board. You can also use your front foot to push off instead of your back foot – whatever feels more comfortable for you.
5. Practice stopping and turning
Stopping and turning are important skills to master when riding a longboard (or any skateboard). To stop, simply drag your back foot along the ground to slow down or come to a complete stop. To turn, lean into the direction you want to turn while simultaneously turning your feet in that direction – this will cause the nose of the board to turn in that direction as well. With a little practice, you’ll be able to stop and turn with ease!
How to Assemble Your Dancing Longboard?
Attach the Deck to the Trucks
To attach the deck to the trucks, you will need 4 bolts and 8 washers. Place 2 bolts through each truck’s top mounting holes, then add 4 washers to each bolt. Thread the bolts into the deck’s mounting holes, then tighten with a wrench or socket driver.
Mount the Wheels to the Trucks
To mount the wheels to the trucks, you will need 8 speed nuts and 16 washers (4 for each wheel). For each wheel, thread 4 speed nuts onto the axle, then add 4 washers (2 on each side of the wheel). Thread the speed nuts onto the trucks’ axle posts until they are tight against the washers. Use a wrench or socket driver to tighten them further if needed.
Install the Bearings in the Wheels
To install bearings in your wheels,
- First remove any plastic spacers that may be inside them.
- Next, use a bearing press or hammer to press one bearing into each wheel hub, making sure that they are seated flush with the inner lip of the hub.
- Finally, press in your second bearings using the same method. Once both bearings are in place, spin each wheel to check that it spins smoothly without any wobbling or roughness.
- If everything looks good, re-assemble your longboard by following steps 1 and 2 in reverse order.
Insert Bushings in Trucks
The final step is to insert bushings in your trucks before you can start riding! To do this,
- First remove any existing bushings from your trucks (if they came with any).
- Next, using a bushing installation tool or a drill bit slightly smaller than your desired bushing size, make two pilot holes in each truck’s hanger (one near each kingpin).
- Once your pilot holes are made, insert your chosen bushings into each hole until they are flush with the hanger surface; make sure that they are inserted symmetrically so that your longboard turns evenly later on!
- Finally, use a washer and nut to secure each bushing in place.
What to Look for in a Dancing Longboard?
The Right Deck
When choosing the right deck for your dancing longboard, you’ll want to consider the size, shape, and flex of the deck.
The size of the deck should be proportional to your height and weight. A good rule of thumb is that the deck should be about shoulder width.
The shape of the deck is also important. You’ll want a deck that is symmetrical and has a kicktail on both ends. This will allow you to perform tricks and dance moves more easily.
The flex of the deck is also important. A stiffer deck will be better for doing tricks, while a softer deck will be more comfortable for cruising and dancing.
The deck material is also an important factor to consider when choosing a dancing longboard. The most common materials used for dancing longboards are maple and bamboo. Each of these materials has its own advantages and disadvantages that should be considered before making a purchase. For instance, maple decks are typically more durable than bamboo decks, but bamboo decks are usually lighter in weight. Choose the material that best suits your needs.
The width of the deck is another important factor to consider when choosing a dancing longboard. A wider deck provides more stability, while a narrower deck is more maneuverable. For beginners, it is recommended to choose a deck that is between 7.5 and 8 inches wide. For experienced dancers, a narrower deck between 6.5 and 7 inches wide may be more suitable.
The Right Wheels
The wheels on your dancing longboard should be large, soft, and have a rounded edge. Large wheels will provide a smooth ride and are better for cruising around town or dancing on rough surfaces. Soft wheels are better for absorbing bumps and cracks in the pavement, making them more comfortable to ride on. Rounded edges on the wheels will make it easier to do slides and other tricks.
The right wheels are an important part of what makes a good dancing longboard. The wrong wheels can make your longboard difficult to control, and can make riding uncomfortable. Here are some things to look for in a good set of dancing longboard wheels:
The right size
Dancing longboard wheels come in a variety of sizes. The right size for you will depend on your height, weight, and riding style. A general rule of thumb is that the bigger the wheel, the faster you will go.
However, bigger wheels can also be more difficult to control. If you are just starting out, it is probably best to choose a smaller wheel. You can always upgrade to a bigger wheel later on if you find that you need more speed.
The right hardness
The hardness of your wheel will also affect how fast you can go and how easy it is to control your longboard. Softer wheels will grip the road better and provide more traction, but they will also wear down faster. Harder wheels will slide more easily, but they won’t grip the road as well and may be more difficult to control. Again, if you are just starting out it is probably best to choose a softer wheel. You can always upgrade to a harder wheel later on if you find that you need more speed or less traction.
The right Type
The most common type of wheel used for dancing longboards is the urethane wheel. Urethane wheels have several advantages over other types of wheels, such as being more durable and providing better grip. However, they can also be more expensive than other types of wheels. Choose the type of wheel that best suits your needs.
The right bearing
The bearing is what allows your wheel to spin freely on the axle of your truck. There are two types of bearings: standard bearings and precision bearings. Standard bearings are less expensive, but they are also less precise and may not spin as smoothly as precision bearings. Precision bearings are more expensive, but they will spin more smoothly and provide a better ride overall. If you want the best possible ride, it is worth it to spend the extra money on precision bearings.
The most common diameters for dancing longboard wheels are 70mm, 80mm, and 90mm. The smaller the diameter, the easier it is to maneuver the longboard. The larger the diameter, the faster the longboard will go.
The durometer of a dancing longboard wheel is important because it affects how grippy or slippery the wheel is. A higher durometer means that the wheel is harder and will slide more easily on smooth surfaces. A lower durometer means that the wheel is softer and will grip more on rough surfaces.
The shape of a dancing longboard wheel affects how well it grips or slides on different types of surfaces. A square-lipped wheel will grip better on concrete, while a rounded-lipped wheel will slide better on asphalt.
The core of a dancing longboard wheel affects how fast it spins and how durable it is. A hard plastic core will be faster but less durable, while a soft urethane core will be slower but more durable.
The width of a dancing longboard wheel affects how stable it is at high speeds and how well it grips or slides on different types of surfaces. A wider wheel will be more stable but may not grip as well on rough surfaces.
The Right Bearings
Bearings are what allow your wheels to spin freely on your trucks. When choosing bearings for your dancing longboard, you’ll want to look for ones that are made of high-quality materials and have a high ABEC rating. Bearings with a higher ABEC rating will spin faster and longer than those with a lower rating. High-quality bearings will also last longer before they need to be replaced.
The type of bearing you choose will depend on your riding style and the terrain you’ll be riding on. There are three main types of bearings: ceramic, steel, and hybrid.
Ceramic bearings are made of hardened steel with a ceramic ball in the center. They’re known for being fast and durable, but they’re also more expensive than other types of bearings.
Steel bearings are the most common type of bearing. They’re less expensive than ceramic bearings, but they’re not as durable or as fast.
Hybrid bearings are a combination of steel and ceramic bearings. They offer the best of both worlds: durability and speed. However, they’re also more expensive than other types of bearings.
The Right Bushings
Bushings are the rubber parts that connect your trucks to your wheels. They help to absorb shock and vibrations, making for a smoother ride. When choosing bushings for your dancing longboard, you’ll want to look for ones that are made of soft, high-quality materials. Softer bushings will be more comfortable to ride on and will provide better shock absorption.
They also affect how easy it is to turn your longboard. There are two main types of bushings: soft and hard. Soft bushings are great for beginners because they’re easier to control. Hard bushings are better for experienced riders who want to go faster and take sharper turns.
The Right Trucks
The trucks on your dancing longboard should be low, wide, and have a soft turning radius. Low trucks will make it easier to do tricks and dance moves. Wide trucks will provide stability when riding at high speeds or doing tricks. A soft turning radius will make it easier to make sharp turns without losing control of your board.
Trucks are the metal axles that attach the wheels to the longboard deck. The trucks affect how easy it is to turn the longboard. Looser trucks are easier to turn but may not be as stable at high speeds. Tight trucks are more stable but may be harder to turn. Choose a truck that suits your riding style and the type of terrain you will be riding on.
Read: Ways to tighten trucks
Consider Your Skill Level
If you are a beginner, it is best to choose a longboard that is not too big or too small. A smaller longboard will be easier to control, and a bigger longboard will give you more stability. You should also look for a longboard with softer wheels, because they will be easier to stop and turn.
If you are an experienced dancer, you can choose any size or type of longboard that you want. However, you may want to consider getting a longboard with harder wheels, because they will roll faster and be better for doing tricks.
Consider Your Budget
Longboards can range in price from around $100 to $300. The price depends on the quality of the materials and the brand. If you are a beginner, it is best to choose a cheaper board so that you don’t spend too much money on something that you might not use very often. If you are an experienced dancer, you can choose a more expensive board because it will last longer and be better quality.
Consider Your Style of Dancing
There are many different styles of dancing, such as freestyle, flow, and down-hill dancing. Each style requires different types of movements, so it is important to choose a longboard that is suitable for the style of dancing that you want to do.
For example, if you want to do freestyle dancing, you will need a board that is light and maneuverable so that you can do tricks easily. If you want to do down-hill dancing, you will need a board that is stable and fast so that you can reach high speeds safely.
The size of the longboard is an important factor to consider when choosing a dancing longboard. A smaller longboard will be more maneuverable and easier to control, while a larger longboard will be more stable and provide a smoother ride. It is important to find a balance between these two factors when choosing a longboard for dancing.
The shape of the longboard is also an important factor to consider when choosing a dancing longboard. The most common shapes for dancing longboards are cruiser, pintail, and drop-through. Each of these shapes has its own advantages and disadvantages that should be considered before making a purchase.
Flex is another important factor to consider when choosing a dancing longboard. A board with more flex will be more maneuverable and easier to control, while a board with less flex will be more stable and provide a smoother ride. It is important to find a balance between these two factors when choosing a longboard for dancing.
Read: Are longboards supposed to bend?
When choosing a dancing longboard, kicktails are an important factor to consider. Kicktails are the protruding ends of the longboard deck that allow for tricks and turns. There are two types of kicktails: symmetrical and asymmetrical. Symmetrical kicktails are found in the middle of the deck, while asymmetrical kicktails are found near the nose or tail. Cruiser and pintail longboards usually have symmetrical kicktails, while dancing and freestyle longboards usually have asymmetrical kicktails.
Concave is the curvature of the longboard deck, and it affects how your feet grip the board. A concave deck will provide better foot grip and control while riding. When choosing a concave longboard, make sure to choose one that fits your riding style. For example, if you like to ride fast and do tricks, a deeper concave will be better suited for you. If you prefer cruising around town, a shallower concave may be more comfortable for you.
The weight of the longboard also needs to be considered when choosing which one is right for you. A heavier board will be more stable at high speeds, but it will be harder to carry around with you. A lighter board will be easier to carry around but may not be as stable at high speeds or on rough terrain. Choose a weight that is comfortable for you to carry and that suits your riding style.
The wheelbase is the distance between the front truck and the back truck. A longer wheelbase makes a longboard more stable, while a shorter wheelbase makes it more agile.
Longboards are made from different materials, including wood, plastic, and composite. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Wood: Wooden longboards are the most common type of longboard. They’re durable and have a natural flex that absorbs shocks from bumps in the road. However, they’re also heavier than other types of longboards and can be more difficult to maneuver.
Plastic: Plastic longboards are lighter than wooden longboards and are often less expensive. However, they’re not as durable as wooden longboards and can break more easily.
Composite: Composite longboards are made from a combination of materials, including wood, plastic, and fiberglass. They’re lightweight and durable, making them a good choice for beginner riders.
Review of The 10 Best Dancing Longboards
1. Hana Longboard Collection
- Brand: Magneto
- Manufacturer: Magneto
- Color: Hana Pintail
- Dimensions: Height: 5.0 Inches Width: 9.0 Inches Length: 42.0 Inches Weight: 9.0 Pounds `
The Hana Longboard features beautiful, hand-painted decks in a variety of colors and designs. The boards are constructed with high-quality materials and components, making them durable and reliable. With a wide variety of sizes and shapes to choose from, the Hana Longboard Collection has the perfect board for every rider.
- It is a great way to commute.
- You can do tricks on it.
- It is great exercise.
- It is a fun hobby.
- You can meet new people through longboarding.
This longboard is super rad! It’s the perfect size for cruising around town, and it’s really well-made. The deck is nice and stiff, and the trucks are very responsive. I’m really happy with this purchase!
2. M Merkapa 41 Inch Cruiser Longboard
- Brand: M Merkapa
- Manufacturer: M Merkapa
- Color: Simplicity
- Dimensions: Height: 3.0 Inches Width: 9.0 Inches Length: 41.0 Inches Weight: 6.0 Pounds `
The Merkapa 41 Inch Cruiser Longboard Skateboard is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality, durable skateboard. It’s made with bamboo and hard wood, so it’s built to last. The deck is also wide enough to provide a stable ride, even at high speeds. And the best part? This board comes pre-assembled, so you can get skating right away!
- The board is made of high quality bamboo and hard maple, making it durable and long lasting.
- It has a comfortable deck with a concave design, providing good grip and foot stability while riding.
- The trucks are made of aluminum alloy, which makes them light but also sturdy and resistant to rust.
- The wheels are made of PU material, ensuring a smooth ride. They are also designed to absorb shocks, making for a more comfortable ride.
- This skateboard comes with ABEC-7 bearings, which are precision bearings that provide smoother spinning and rolling.
This board is so much fun! It’s really easy to ride and very stable. I love the bamboo deck, it’s beautiful and feels great under your feet. The trucks and wheels are also great quality. This is an excellent cruiser board for beginners or anyone who wants a relaxing ride.
3. Magneto 40 Inch Pintail Longboard
- Brand: Magneto
- Manufacturer: Magneto
- Color: Swallow
- Dimensions: Height: 5.0 Inches Width: 9.25 Inches Length: 40.0 Inches Weight: 7.0 Pounds `
This longboard skateboard is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy a smooth ride. It’s made with high-quality materials and construction, so you can trust it to last. The dark stain finish gives it a sleek look, while the pintail shape makes it easy to control. Whether you’re cruising around town or carving up the streets, this board will give you a great ride.
- It is a good mode of transportation that is eco-friendly and does not require any fuel.
- It is a great way to stay fit and active as it requires some effort to skateboard.
- Skateboarding can be a great form of entertainment and can help relieve boredom or stress.
- It can help improve balance, coordination and reflexes.
- Skateboarding can be a great social activity, allowing you to meet new people and make new friends.
This Magneto longboard is awesome! It’s the perfect size for me and it rides really smoothly. I love the dark stain too, it looks great. This board has definitely made skating more enjoyable for me.
4. Abrazo 46’’ x 9.5’’ Longboard Skateboard
- Brand: abrazo
- Dimensions: Height: 7.0 Inches Width: 11.0 Inches Length: 50.0 Inches
This longboard is the perfect cruiser for anyone who wants an easy, comfortable ride. It’s great for cruising around town or campus, and it’s also perfect for beginners who are just starting out skating. The deck is made of high-quality materials that make it durable and stable, and the trucks are responsive and smooth. Overall, this is an excellent longboard that will provide you with hours of fun skating around.
- It is a great mode of transportation that is eco-friendly and does not require any fuel.
- Skateboarding is a great form of exercise that can help to improve coordination and balance.
- The Abrazo 46’’ x 9.5’’ Longboard Skateboard is perfect for cruising around the neighborhood or city streets.
- It is extremely durable and well-constructed, making it a great investment for anyone interested in skateboarding.
- This complete skateboard comes with everything you need to get started, including the deck, trucks, wheels, bearings, and hardware – making it a great value for the price!
I’m so happy with my purchase of the Abrazo 46’’ x 9.5’’ Longboard Skateboard! It’s the perfect size for me and it’s really easy to maneuver. I love that it comes complete with everything I need to get started skating right away. The deck is really sturdy and the wheels are nice and smooth. Overall, I’m extremely happy with this skateboard and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great cruiser board!
5. Loaded Boards Bhangra V2 Bamboo Longboard
- Brand: Loaded Boards
- Manufacturer: Loaded Boards
- Color: Version 2 – Orangatang 4 President 70mm/77a Wheels
This bamboo longboard skateboard complete is perfect for those who want to get into longboarding. It’s lightweight and durable, with a beautiful natural finish that is unique to each board. The deck features a concave design that is comfortable and easy to control, while the 77a wheels provide a smooth ride. This complete skateboard is ideal for cruising around town or taking on some light downhill riding.
- The Loaded Boards Bhangra V2 Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Complete is a high-quality and durable product that will provide years of enjoyment and use.
- The skateboard is made from natural bamboo materials, which makes it eco-friendly and sustainable.
- The board is extremely versatile and can be used for cruising, commuting, or even freestyle skating.
- The deck is extremely lightweight yet still very strong, making it easy to carry around with you.
- The board comes complete with all the necessary components, including trucks, wheels, bearings, and hardware – everything you need to start skating right away!
The Loaded Boards Bhangra V2 is an excellent longboard for anyone looking for a great ride. It’s extremely well made and the bamboo construction makes it very sturdy and durable. The wheels are also very high quality and make for a smooth ride. Overall, I’m very impressed with this longboard and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great ride!
6. Junli 41 Inch Freeride Longboard
- Brand: Junli
- Manufacturer: LanGelin
- Color: Ocean Fish
This longboard is perfect for anyone who wants to get into skating or improve their skills. It’s a great choice for both beginners and experienced skaters alike. The board is made of high-quality materials, so you can be sure it will last you a long time. It’s also very versatile and can be used for cruising around town or shredding up the skate park. Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a seasoned pro, this board is sure to give you a great ride.
- It is a great choice for those who are looking for a quality and durable skateboard.
- The board has a wide range of motion, making it perfect for freestyle riding or cruising around town.
- The deck is made from high-quality materials, ensuring that it will last for many years to come.
- The trucks and wheels are also made from high-quality materials, ensuring a smooth ride.
- This skateboard is perfect for those who want to improve their skating skills or just have fun cruising around town.
This longboard is amazing! It’s super sturdy and well-made, and it rides like a dream. I’ve taken it out on all kinds of terrain and it performs beautifully. It’s also really stylish – I get compliments on it all the time. Highly recommend!
7. WeSkate 42 Inch Freeride Longboard
- Brand: WeSkate
- Manufacturer: WeSkate
- Color: ocean
- Dimensions: Height: 4.724409444 Inches Width: 9.842519675 Inches Length: 42.125984209 Inches Weight: 8.81849048 Pounds `
This longboard is perfect for anyone who wants to get into freeride skating. It’s made with 8 ply Canadian maple, which makes it extremely durable and sturdy. It’s also 42 inches long, which gives you plenty of room to move around on the board. Additionally, the WeSkate Freeride Longboard comes with high-quality trucks and wheels, making it a great choice for anyone looking to get into downhill skating.
- It is a great product for beginners as it is very stable and easy to control.
- It is made of high quality materials which makes it durable.
- It has a smooth ride thanks to the good wheels and bearings.
- You can use it for various purposes such as transportation, downhill or just cruising around town.
- It looks cool and is sure to turn heads when you’re riding it!
This longboard is amazing! It’s so smooth and fast, and it makes carving a breeze. I love how sturdy it is too – it can really take a beating. Overall, this is an awesome board and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great ride.
8. Black Longboards Collection
- Brand: BLACK LONGBOARDS
- Manufacturer: black longboards
- Color: Black/Brown
- Dimensions: Height: 0.0 Inches Width: 0.0 Inches Length: 0.0 Inches Weight: 9.0 Pounds `
This longboard is the perfect tool for anyone who wants to enjoy a leisurely cruise or an adrenaline-pumping ride. The maple construction is built to last, and the black finish gives it a sleek look. The board comes complete with everything you need to get started, making it the perfect choice for beginners and experienced riders alike.
- The Black Longboards Collection is a great choice for those who are looking for a high-quality, durable and stylish longboard.
- The maple construction makes the board extremely sturdy and stable, ideal for cruising and carving.
- The black finish gives the board an elegant and sophisticated look that will make you stand out from the crowd.
- The collection includes a variety of different designs to choose from, so you can find the perfect one to suit your riding style.
- With its quality construction and attractive appearance, the Black Longboards Collection is sure to be a hit with any longboarder!
The Black Longboards Collection is the perfect set-up for anyone looking to get into longboarding. The maple deck is extremely sturdy and well-crafted, providing a great platform for cruising and carving. The trucks and wheels are also top quality, making for a smooth ride. Overall, this complete longboard is an excellent value and would be ideal for any beginner or intermediate rider.
9. WiiSHAM Downhill Dancing Drop Through Longboard
- Brand: WiiSHAM
- Manufacturer: WiiSHAM
- Color: 22
- Dimensions: Width: 9.5 Inches Length: 42.0 Inches
This is an excellent downhill dancing complete that is perfect for professionals! It is made from high quality materials and construction, and it has a great speed! It is also very easy to assemble and disassemble, which makes it perfect for those who are new to the sport!
- It is very stable and fast.
- It has a great design that makes it easy to control.
- The wheels are big and provide good grip on the ground.
- It is durable and can withstand heavy use.
- It is a lot of fun to use!
This is an excellent product! The WiiSHAM longboard is very well made and performs beautifully. It is also a great value for the price. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a great downhill dancing board.
10. AODI 46 Inch Freeride Longboard
- Brand: AODI
- Manufacturer: AODI
- Color: Bear
- Dimensions: Height: 3.94 Inches Width: 10.51 Inches Length: 46.0 Inches Weight: 8.3 Pounds `
AODI Freeride Longboard is a great way to get around. It’s easy to ride and very sturdy. You can go anywhere you want with this skateboard.
- The product is easy to ride and offers a great cruising experience.
- It is also very durable and can last for a long time with proper care.
- The board is also quite versatile and can be used for various skateboarding tricks and maneuvers.
- Additionally, it comes with high-quality trucks and wheels that further enhance its performance.
This longboard is great! It’s really sturdy and well-made, and it’s the perfect size for cruising around town. The graphics are cool, too. I’m really happy with this purchase.
Longboard dancing tricks
There are many different longboard dancing tricks that you can learn and perform. Here are some of the most popular tricks:
This is a basic trick that involves jumping off the ground and into the air, while simultaneously performing a small manual (or pushing off with your back foot). This trick is often used as a foundation for other more complicated tricks.
The Frontside Air
This trick involves performing an Ollie and then grabbing the nose of your longboard with your leading hand while you are in the air. After grabbing the nose, extend your arm and leg out to the side to achieve the “air” position before landing back on your board.
The Backside Air
Similar to the Frontside Air, this trick involves performing an Ollie and then grabbing the tail of your longboard with your trailing hand while you are in the air. Again, after grabbing the tail, extend your arm and leg out to the side to achieve the “air” position before landing back on your board.
The 50-50 Grind
This trick starts by riding up onto an object such as a curb or rail and then stopping so that both trucks are balanced on top of it (hence the name “50-50”). Once both trucks are on top of the object, simply ride away without falling off!
The Nose Slide
This slide is performed by riding up onto an object such as a curb or rail and then stopping so that only the front truck is balanced on top of it. Once in this position, simply lean forward and let gravity do its thing – you will slide down the object on just your nose! Be sure to keep your weight centered over your front truck to avoid tipping over backwards.
The Tail Slide
Similar to the Nose Slide, this slide is performed by riding up onto an object such as a curb or rail and then stopping so that only the rear truck is balanced on top of it. Once in this position, simply lean backwards and let gravity do its thing – you will slide down the object on just your tail! As with the Nose Slide, be sure to keep your weight centered over your rear truck to avoid tipping over forwards.
The Cross Step
This is a basic footwork trick that involves crossing your feet over each other while you are riding. This can be done in a number of different ways, but the most common is to start with your feet in the “regular” stance (left foot leading, right foot trailing) and then simply cross your right foot over your left so that they swap positions. Another variation of this trick is to start with your feet in the “switch” stance (right foot leading, left foot trailing) and then cross your left foot over your right so that they swap positions.
This trick involves balance and coordination as you ride along on just two wheels! To perform a manual, simply shift your weight onto your back truck until it lifts off the ground and then balance there for as long as you can. You can make this trick more difficult by performing it on an uneven surface such as a curb or small hill.
This is a simple but fun trick that anyone can do! To perform a pogo, simply place both feet on the deck of your longboard and then jump up and down – it’s just like riding a pogo stick! You can make this trick more difficult by trying to jump higher each time or by adding in other tricks such as 360s or grabs while you are pogoing.
This is a classic skateboarding trick that can also be performed on a longboard. To do a 360, simply start by rolling forward and then pop into the air while spinning around 360 degrees before landing back on your board. You can add in additional tricks such as Grabbing the nose or tail of your board while you are spinning for even more points!
Maintenance of dancing longboard
Dancing longboards require more maintenance than standard longboards. The extra weight and stress of dancing can cause the components to loosen over time. It is important to check all the nuts and bolts regularly and tighten them as needed. The bearings should also be cleaned and lubricated regularly to prevent them from drying out and becoming damaged. The wheels and trucks may also need to be replaced more often than on a standard longboard.
Frequently asked questions
How loose should longboard trucks be for dancing?
The trucks on a dancing longboard should be loose enough to allow for easy turning, but not so loose that they lose stability. A good rule of thumb is to tighten or loosen the trucks until the board can be turned easily with moderate pressure.
What is longboard dancing called?
Longboard dancing is also known as freestyle skating or street skating. It is a form of skateboarding that combines elements of surfing, snowboarding, and breakdancing. Longboard dancers perform tricks and maneuvers on their boards in order to music or other forms of audio accompaniment.
Can you commute on a dancing longboard?
Yes, you can use a dancing longboard for commuting, but it may not be the most comfortable option. Dancing longboards are designed for maneuverability and trick-based riding, so they may not provide the same level of stability and comfort as a cruiser or commuter longboard. If you do decide to commute on a dancing longboard, be sure to practice in an area with plenty of space first so that you can get used to the board’s handling characteristics.
What shape and type of deck is suitable for dancing?
The best shape and type of deck for dancing is a pintail deck with a flex rating of 3-5 (on a scale of 1-10). Pintail decks are narrower than other types of decks, which makes them more maneuverable when performing tricks. The flex rating will determine how much give the deck has when pressure is applied – too much flex and the board will feel unstable; too little flex and the board will feel stiff and unresponsive.
What is the best longboard flex for dancing?
The best longboard flex for dancing is a medium to stiff flex. This will give you the stability you need when dancing, while still allowing you to do tricks and turns.
How does the wheel core make a difference in longboard dancing?
The wheel core affects the longboard’s ability to grip the ground and turn. A harder wheel core will make it easier to do slides and tricks, while a softer wheel core will make it easier to cruise and dance.
Can you dance on a drop through longboard?
Yes, you can dance on a drop through longboard. The lower center of gravity makes them more stable, which is perfect for dancing. Just be sure to choose one with a good flex rating so you can still do tricks and turns.
Can you dance on a cruising longboard?
Yes, you can cruise on a cruising longboard, but they are not ideal for dancing. Cruising boards are designed for stability and speed, not maneuverability. If you want to dance on a cruising board, look for one with a flexible deck and large wheels.
Can you dance on pintail longboard?
Pintail longboards are not ideal for dancing because they are not very maneuverable. However, if you find one with a flexible deck and large wheels, it may work well for cruising and light dancing.
How do I keep my dancing longboard in good condition?
It is important to take care of your dancing longboard so that it can last for a long time. Here are some tips on how to keep your board in good condition:
- Wash your board regularly with soap and water. This will remove dirt and grime that can build up over time and potentially damage the board.
- Check the bolts and screws on your board periodically to make sure they are tight. Loose hardware can cause the deck to warp or break.
- Store your board in a cool, dry place when not in use. Humidity and extreme temperatures can damage the wood or other materials used in the construction of the board.
How tight should trucks be for longboard dancing?
The ideal truck tightness for longboard dancing is dependent on your personal riding style and preferences.
For example, if you like to do more technical tricks and maneuvers, you might prefer a looser truck setting so you can make quicker turns.
On the other hand, if you prefer a smoother ride with less chance of wobbling, a tighter truck setting is ideal.
Ultimately, it’s important to experiment with different settings to see what works best for you.
There are a few things to keep in mind when adjusting truck tightness, however.
- First, make sure that the trucks are not too loose or too tight. If they are too loose, the longboard will be difficult to control and may wobble; if they are too tight, the longboard will be difficult to turn.
- Second, keep in mind that tighter trucks will require more effort to turn, so if you’re planning on doing a lot of dancing on your longboard, you may want to go with loosely-adjusted trucks.
- Finally, remember that different types of longboards will respond differently to changes in truck tightness, so be sure to experiment with different settings on different boards before settling on a particular setting.
What size of longboard wheels would support dancing?
The right size of longboard wheels for dancing depends on a few factors, such as your height, weight, and style of dancing. For example, if you are a tall person or have a lot of weight, you will need larger wheels to support your body. If you are a light person or have a small frame, you can get away with smaller wheels. There are also different types of dancing, such as freestyle or downhill, which require different sized wheels.
The best way to determine the right size of wheel for your needs is to consult with a professional or experienced dancer. They will be able to help you choose the right size based on your individual requirements.
However, large wheels can make carving and turning more difficult. Smaller wheels are better for carving and turning, but they may not be able to roll over obstacles as easily. When choosing a wheel size for dancing, it is important to strike a balance between these two factors.
A good starting point is to choose a wheel that is about 50-60mm in diameter. This will provide a good mix of speed, rolling ability, and maneuverability. If you find that you are having trouble with obstacles or hills, you may want to go up to a 60-70mm wheel.
Conversely, if you are finding it difficult to carve or turn, you may want to try a smaller wheel. Ultimately, the best way to find the right wheel size for you is to experiment and see what works best for your skating style.
If you’re looking to get into longboard dancing, there are a few things you need to know before you make your purchase. First, you’ll need to find the right board. Look for a deck that is comfortable and stable, with the right amount of flex. You’ll also need wheels that are the right size and hardness, and bearings that are fast and durable. Once you have all the right parts, you can assemble your board and start practicing.
Longboard dancing is a great way to exercise and have fun. It’s also a great way to meet new people and explore different places. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start dancing!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Leave a Reply